MABE’s goal for professional development:
We will strive to promote student achievement and effective local governance of schools by ensuring that all school board members understand the NSBA Key Work Model for effective school board leadership by:
- Conducting an Annual and a Summer Leadership Conference, as well as other forums for promoting the continuing professional development of school board members
- Providing orientation sessions for all new school board members
- Providing programs to keep school board members informed on educational issues and trends
- Facilitating retreats for local boards to assist them in planning, teaming, and public deliberation
- Developing an intensive leadership training program focused on the Key Work Model to provide continuing education to school board members
- Encouraging school board members to attend training opportunities including those offered by the National School Boards Association (NSBA)
In order to serve the needs of our members, MABE offers diverse and extensive board development programs, designed for the new board member as well as the veteran. For more information about any of these programs, please contact Emily Heard, Director of Board Development, firstname.lastname@example.org.
MABE also supports NSBA Webinars for professional development and information on specific topics.