Members benefit in numerous ways from participating in the MABE Insurance Trusts, the Group Insurance Pool, and the Workers' Compensation Fund. Here are some of the benefits of being in these programs:
- Every member is represented by a Trustee. Every member is involved.
- Members own the Trusts.
- Members have group purchasing power to secure necessary reinsurance.
- The Pool Trustees enact comprehensive coverages in response to the needs of the member school systems.
- Members can benefit financially from having positive claims experience, through Dividends and Rate Stabilization Funding.
- Unlike commercial carriers, the Trusts strive to maintain rate stability so members can budget their complete costs in advance with confidence.
- The Trusts are non-profit entities, with expense ratios that are much lower than commercial insurers. The Trusts write coverage directly with members bypassing brokers and associated fees.
- Experienced and knowledgeable Risk Management Officers offer members a variety of programs and services to help the members mitigate their losses. Members can secure Risk Management Grants to lessen their exposures.
- Claims are handled in-house by experienced, accessible staff familiar with the claims generated by the school systems. They know the applicable laws and statutes in the state.
- Trustees can take advantage of regular opportunities to interact with fellow members, MABE staff, consultants and defense counsel to become knowledgeable, active participants in the Pools.
To learn more about the benefits of the MABE Insurance Programs, contact Deputy Executive Director Steve James.