Designed to address a specific topic, At Your Request: Board Work Sessions are created and scheduled based on the needs of the board and staff, and are conducted in your district. In addition to common subjects,
MABE is able to customize work sessions to fit your board’s unique needs. At Your Request: Board Work Sessions are provided to members as a benefit of membership. However, depending on the topic, there may be a materials fee.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Superintendent Search Process – An overview of the search process from determining parameters to signing the contract
- Superintendent Evaluation – Designing a comprehensive tool that works for your board and superintendent
- Policy – Assistance with crafting or updating policies that govern your school system
- Telling Your Story – An overview of effective tools and techniques that enable better communication with your public
- Open Meetings Act – A review of the Act and its impact on your board’s public business
- School Law – A general review of public school law, recent cases, and newly enacted laws that will help your board avoid common pitfalls
- Legislative Platform Development – Assistance with crafting a legislative platform
- Legislative Session – A presentation on the past, present, or future legislative session and its impact on your school system
- Public Information Act – A review of the Act that deals with document requests affecting you and your board
For more information or to schedule a work session, contact Emily Heard, Director of Board Development, email@example.com.